Friday, January 31, 2014

...Makes Me Smile

So in my last post I said that the card 'makes me smile'. Ironically, those exact words appear in the sentiment on today's card.



I want to acknowledge Audrey Hiltke and her amazing blog. I cased her card here as best I could although without a gold leafting pen, it is not quite the same. Of course, I did not have some of the other products either so I substituted but I am quite pleased with the result all the same.

I used the Grand labels four and cut 3 of the third largest die from white c/s. Two of them were from a heavier weight c/s for stability. Then I dry embossed the lighter weight of the diecuts, used a Versa Mark pen around the edges, and heat embossed with gold detail EP. It was then adhered to one of the heavier diecuts with my AGT adhesive.  I scored the third die cut about 1" from the top and adhered the 1" area to the back of the embossed double layer. I used red sticky strip to ensure the two layers would not come apart. This created the back of the card.

I stamped a design several times on white c/s in three different colors and then die cut 4 hearts from each color. I edged each heart with gold encore ink by running the edge of the heart across the pad. Then I heat embossed with gold detail EP. I shaped the hearts with the HFC blossom shaping tools and pad, and attached a foam square to the back of each one.


I die cut a sentiment label with the Labels four die and used the same treatment to edge it. Then I stamped the JRS sentiment, heat embossed with gold EP, and attached the label to the front of the card with foam tape.

I began layering the shaped hearts on top of each other. I saved a couple, unshaped, for the inside of the card.

The person who makes me smile is my amazing daughter, whom I get to see far too seldom as she lives quite far away and is always incredibly busy. I am so proud of the wonderful person she has grown to become. ILYTB kiddo.

That is the second of three Valentines I need to get made. This one is off in the mail to Canada as well.





Hope you all have and inky day.




Stamps: JRS Grand Clear Sentiments, Cloud Nine Designs (name of set unknown - this is what I used for the hearts), a stray Valentines Day stamp from my stash.
Papers: SU white c/s, Heavy weight c/s from my stash
Dies: HFC Timeless Amour, SB Grand Labels Four, and Labels Four.
Inks: VersaMagic turquoise, pumpkin spice, green, Encore gold, Versa Mark pen.
Other: SB Asian M-Bossabilities, SU gold detail EP, Foam tape and dots, SU sticky strip (red tape), Heat gun, HFC blossom shaping tools and pad.


PS You may have noticed by this time that I have a rather large 'stash' and lots of 'unknown' products. It is something I have to work on reducing. I have found a new blog that seems geared for me and others like me who have this problem. It is called Craft Hoarders Anonymous and I can't wait until it is going full gear. Check it out here.






No comments:

Post a Comment