Friday, October 10, 2014

Thanksgiving table

Hi all and Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians. That's right folks. Here in good old Canada, we celebrate the holiday much earlier and as a result we are all much more sane, calm, and reasonable at Christmas.

Anyway, I got inspired the other day by a trip to Pier 1 and decided I could do just as good a job with table decor  for a much better price.

I headed home and created these great little treat box/place cards and napkin rings to match.

First, using the box maker from Stampin'Up! and some retired extra heavy designer paper, I made the little 2"x2" boxes. Each one holds two Lindor chocolates perfectly. I wrapped them with burlap       ribbon using a hot glue gun, then continued with the glue gun adding fall colored leaves from an            inexpensive garland (Michaels) and a pine cone from my own yard.                                                    

A note here about the pine cones. They were a bit damp and closed up when I picked them up, so I decided to Put them into the microwave for 2 minutes. This solved three problems. I dried them out, opened up the individual 'petals' and killed any tiny bugs hiding inside them. You can see the before and after here.                                                                                                                                      
 I used the same burlap ribbon to make the napkin rings. I added some bronze colored  wired                net/ribbon, then went on to add the same leaves and pine cones.  That is pretty much it. Very simple
but quite effective and so much less expensive than the store bought version.                                      

                                                                                                                                                           


No comments:

Post a Comment